} -->

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Join the pound for pound challenge with me!

General Mills has teamed up with the biggest loser to promote healthy weight loss while providing food to those in need! For every pound we lose General Mills will donate 10 cents to Feeding America. Some people may say 10 cents what is that going to buy, but apparently it is "enough to provide one pound of groceries to a local food bank. Now we know where they get the pound for pound. The minimum donation will be $100,000, which is equivilent to 1,000,000 pounds of food. The maximum donation will be $500,000, which is equivilent to 5,000,000 pounds of food. Please join us in this challenge! In this case more people means more food!

You can also mail participating seals and lids from many of General Mills products. For each lid or seal they receive they will donate 10 cent to Feeding America. For a total up to $275,000, which is equivilent to 2,750,000 pounds of food! Just think if everybody joins in on this we could help provide fellow americans in need with up to 7,750,000 pounds of food! Now thats alot of food.

Click here for more about Feeding America

I for one had been planning to lose some weight before this summer anyway. This is a great way to help others while I help myself. My pledge is 14 pounds, but I hope to lose quite a bit more. I have some size 9 jeans that I just can't bring myself to get rid of. Maybe just maybe this will be the motivation I need to get back into them.

Now its your turn: Please let me know if you signed up for the challenge. Do you have any weight loss ideas? If so I would love to hear them!

0 comments: