"JumpStart is an award-winning adventure-based 3D virtual world that is super-personalized, wildly imaginative and really fun, but don't let that fool you - it also teaches math, reading, and critical thinking skills so kids get a real jump start in life."
I loved having the opportunity to check out JumpStart. This amazing program designed for 3 to 8 year olds. Jumpstart is set up to teach our children their ABCs, colors, numbers, and days of the week. They have many different approaches for learning. Thanks Sonia for giving me the opportunity to review JumpStart!
In Storyland (recommended for ages 3 - 5) you will find ...
1. Children's songs - They have many different children's songs some of which will be collected throughout the game. These songs include educational songs and good old nursery rhymes.
2. Short movies - that focus on Science, the alphabet, days of the week, numbers, and of course some of the good old oldies that couldn't be left out. My 19 month old really enjoyed the Alphabet movies as we have been working on ABCs recently. It was really cute watching her try to sing the alphabet song.
3. Interactive games - They have short interactive games that focus on the alphabet, counting, and colors. When each game is completed the child receives a prize that can be used elsewhere in Storyland. A couple of prizes that I received while reviewing included a flower which I was able to plant in a flowering pot and the CDs I mentioned earlier.
4. Creativity encouragement - You can take pictures, decorate a house, and color pictures.
In Adventureland (recommended for ages 4 to 8 you will find...
1. Interactive dance game - This challenges children to follow instructions to make their character dance a jig!
2. Reading and Math - I think that this could be really helpful helping children learn letter and sound recognition. Especially since they get to fly around in outer space while they are at it! I didn't get a chance to check out the math section, but I am sure it is just as educational
3. Virtual Painting - Very helpful in encouraging children to explore there creative abilities.
And lots more!
Overall I think that JumpStart would be an excellent product to use in conjunction with your own teaching time. I love that JumpStart keeps the activities short since most preschoolers don't have much of an attention span. That they incorporate so many activities into their learning program making it less likely that a child will become bored.
Good news for everyone Jumpstart has a free section that you can try out before you buy a membership. The membership does open up many new sections (Storyland and Adventureland are part of the paid membership.) Although you will be able to check out some of the songs and movies that I mentioned in my review.
Sonia at JumpStart is also offering one of my lucky readers a 3 month membership to JumpStart.
Mandatory Entry - Head on over to JumpStart and tell me one award that they have won.
Mandatory Entry must be completed for any other entries to count!
Extra Entries -
1. Tell me who would use this membership the most
2. Follow me on blogger
3. Follow me on twitter and tweet the giveaway. Please leave link. (2 entries)
Feel free to copy and paste . . .
@breasmommy Jumpstart giveaway http://tinyurl.com/ddagwr Great educational program for ages 3-8. Ends 3/18
4. Grab my main button and put it on your sidebar (2 entries)
5. Blog about this giveaway and link to this post and to Jumpstart leave link to post in comment (3 entries)
6. Follow @JumpStart_Erin on twitter
7. Subscribe to my blog.
Okay that is a total of 11 chances. Good luck to everyone!
Rules. . .
This giveaway will end on May 18th at 11:59pm EST.
Winner will be notified by email and I will post the winner.
Please leave a valid email if it is not accessible through your blogger profile.
*I was provided a free membership to review Jumpstart*
I am participating in Give It Away Now at Mom's Most Wanted and The Ultimate Blog Carnival at Live Giveaways. Go on over and check them out for more great giveaways. You may even want to post some of your own!
"Head back over to the Give it Away Now! Blog Giveaway Carnival at Mom Most Traveled for more great giveaways!"