} -->

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Care Bears Tell-Tale tummies review



I loved the Care Bears growing up! If I am completely honest I would have to say I still love the Care Bears. So when I had the opportunity to review the newest Care Bear DVD I could not wait to get it.

Brea on the other hand had not had much experience with the Care Bears prior to Tell-Tale Tummies, but she definitely loves them now. Before I get to her reaction though I would like to tell you a little about the dvd.

Tell-Tale Tummies teaches children the importance of telling the truth and the consequences of telling even a little white lie. I for one think that honesty is very important. I want my daughter to know that lying is not okay. I love how these stories portray just that message.

Not only does it teach about honesty, but it also promotes self esteem. In quite a few episodes it points out that people should like you for who you are. That it is the everyday things about you that make your friends like you.

The following 8 episodes are included in this DVD
1. The Tell-Tale Tummy
2. Oopsy, The Hero
3. Bumbleberry Jammed
4. Desperately Seeking Mr. Beaks
5. King of the Gobblebugs
6. Bad News
7. Tour De Farce
8. No-Snow Day

Now for Brea's Reaction! It seems that her favorite word now is "bears" Yesterday we were taking a walk through the neighborhood and she was dragging a stick behind her. Apparently she was really enjoying the stick she even tried to wave to people with the stick in her hand. She is usually very friendly during our walks and waves to every car that comes by. Today the stick was more important! My grandmother met us while we were walking to bring back the Care Bear Tell-Tales Movie. Brea saw the movie, dropped the stick, and reached for the movie saying "bears, bears." The precious stick was forgotten and all Brea was concerned about now was the movie. I tried to carry it for her, but she adamantly shook her head no. The first thing we did when we got home was of course watch "bears!" Just in case you are wondering this happened the same day we had an actual bear encounter on our walk!

Tell-Tale Tummies is set to be released on June 9th 2009! The movie is 88 minutes long and has direct play meaning it starts automatically! Put the DVD in the recorder and your all set. In my opinion this DVD is a winner so be sure to pick one up for your little one and let the care bears teach your children some lessons!

4 comments:

annies home said...

sister was a large care bear fan as well and I believe still is as her child receives lots of care bear themed gifts

Alicia W. said...

I loved them growing up too! What a great DVD that is.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I remember the care bears. Sounds like a great DVD, they are very wholesome, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

How Sweet.
I bet she had a blast!
Can't wait to take Tristan.