} -->

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Enjoying Myrtle Beach and the winner of the car pet!

So far this has been an interesting vacation. I lost my cell phone on the first day. Thank goodness we got a call on my grandmother's phone saying it was at the Captain Stanley's, a restaurant we had eaten at in Oak Island, NC. The only problem was that Captain Stanley's did not open until 4:30pm and we had planned to be in Myrtle Beach, SC long before then. So my grandmother's cousin is picking it up for me and taking it to the family reunion in Aiken, SC. I am not going to know what to do without my cell phone for 3 days!

By the way if you ever venture to Oak Island, NC make sure you eat at Captain Stanley's their crab legs are awesome and so are their price! They also bring out fresh hushpuppies when you sit down. Yummy!

While we were in Oak Island Brea also got to go check out the ocean. She thinks it is so funny when the waves hit her feet. She just laughs and laughs and stomps her feet in the water. So cute!

Yesterday for our first day in Myrtle Beach, SC we went shopping for a bit! We started off checking out the little beach stores (guess I should say the large beach stores). While we were in one I got Brea a henna tattoo! I am sure it will get some memorable reactions at the family reunion! It actually lasts for 21 days so it will probably get lots more reactions!

Then we went to barefoot landing! This was a pretty neat little shopping village. There were lots of neat little stores. Brea and I got an old-timey picture done. We did the bar setting, it actually turned out quite good! I guess that will be another conversation starter! I also got a caricature of Brea while we there. I really wanted to get Brea's picture done with a monkey at the TIGERS Preservation Station, but it was $60. While it is for a good cause I just could not afford it. I am not sure, but I bet they would bring in a lot more money for their cause if they dropped their prices a bit. They may have missed the news flash about the state of the economy!

All in all I would have to say Barefoot Landing would be a great place to check out if you ever make it to Myrtle Beach, SC. Not only do they have the things I listed above, but they also have lots of other attractions. They have a carousel for little ones and jumping activity for older children. It is also where the Alabama Theatre and the House of Blues are located! Yesterday Brett Michaels was supposed to be at the House of Blues! I used to love Poison and would have loved to have been able to check it out.

Today we are going to Medieval Times for dinner. I am sure I will have a good post for this one! Today or tomorrow we will be heading to Broadway at the Beach and I'll let you know what I think. I will also be posting some Brea pics over the next couple of days! At least time permitting I will be.

This week vacation is my number 1 priority! Although I am sure I will have plenty of time to say hi while Brea is taking her naps.

Now it is time to post the winner of the CAR PET!

And the winner is . . .

auntrene who said...
I would Love my Car Pet in ORange..

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

3
Timestamp: 2009-06-10 12:50:10 UTC

I will be emailing auntrene today! Please respond within 48 hours to claim your Car Pet!


5 comments:

Alicia W. said...

Myrtle Beach, SC! You are sooooo close to me! I live in Columbia SC only 2 hrs or so away. That is awesome. Glad you guys are having a great time.

JoEll said...

you have been tagged on my site for two things

Frantic Holly said...

Myrtle Beach was always my fave growing up. I left you an award at my site.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Sounds like a great time. Enjoy dinner tonight!!

http://countrycitymouse-pam.blogspot.com/2009/06/afternoon-tea-with-friend.html
Drop by and enter the giveaway that I am hosting.

Anonymous said...

oh how fun. I would love to be on vacation! Congrats to the winner :O)