The Exergen Temporal Scanner is a great non-invasive method to get an accurate temperature on your child. While pressing the scan button you place the sensor on the middle of the person's forehead and then move it straight across the head to the hairline while. While the scanner is scanning the red light will continuously blink. When the temperature reading is ready the Exergen Temporal Scanner will beep and the light will stay red. This should only take a couple of seconds.
Information from the company. . .
- "accurately measures body temperature to within +2" degrees F
- " captures naturally emitted heat from the skin over the temporal artery, taking 1,000 readings per second, and selecting the most accurate."
- " measures ambient temperatures, mathematically replaces the small temperature loss from cooling at the skin , and displays an accurate arterial temperature."
My past temperature taking experiences . . .
- I usually take a rectal temp on Brea for the most accurate reading. As you can imagine this is very uncomfortable for her. Don't forget that she is already feeling bad and here comes big bad momma to stick something up her bum. I wonder what is going through her head when I do this. I always feel horrible when taking her temperature, but when Brea is sick I want accuracy. Until the Exergen Temporal Scanner a rectal temp was the only method I trusted to be accurate!
- Taking underarm temperatures have never seemed very reliable to me. There are just too many different variables to take into account. The ambient (outside) temperature, the clothing, are there blankets, oh and don't forget to add a degree. Not only this, but it is not recommended for infants.
- Tympanic thermometers are not very accurate. I have seen people get below average temperatures on people who actually had a fever of 102 or more. Tympanic thermometers MUST be placed properly in the ear canal or the reading WILL NOT be accurate. Sadly most people do not use proper placement when using these and they do not realize their temps are inaccurate. While I am pretty comfortable using a tympanic thermometer I don't own one. If it is not easy enough to for me to send to grandma's with the confidence that it will be used properly then it will not work for our family.
My experience with the Exergen Temporal Scanner . . .
- I have taken Brea's temperature multiple times over the last few days just to check out the differences. All of the temps were between 98.4 and 98.9. She has been feeling fine so these temps appear to be accurate. Brea doesn't mind having her temp taken at all now. She actually thinks its funny. I think it tickles when I am moving it across her forehead.
My opinion of the Exergen Temporal Scanner . . .
- I think its a winner! I am comfortable with the accuracy of the Exergen Temporal Scanner. I will definitely be using this in place of the rectal temp. I am so happy that I will not have to torture my precious daughter the next time she is sick! For this I am sure that not only I thank Exergen, but also Brea would thank them if she could.
One lucky reader will win their very own Exergen Temporal Scanner! Please read the instructions for entry.
Mandatory Entry must be completed for any entries to count. Pick me, I want to win, etc will NOT be published or eligible for the giveaway!
Mandatory Entry - Visit Exergen Temporal Scanner and tell me where you can buy your very own temporal scanner!
Extra Entries -
1. Follow me on blogger
2. Follow me on twitter and tweet the giveaway. Please leave link. (2 entries)
Feel free to copy and paste . . .
An easy accurate non-invasive way to get your child's temp Exergen Temporal Scanner giveaway Ends 6/16 http://tinyurl.com/nc6rua @breasmommy
4. Grab my main button and put it on your sidebar (2 entries)
5. Subscribe to my blog.
6. Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post and leave a comment with the post name!
7. Fave my blog on technorati and leave your user name in the comment!
8. Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and leave a comment with post time (only one extra entry for this method)
9. Leave a comment on any non giveaway review post and leave a comment with post name. (only one extra entry for this method)
10. Become a fan of Exergen on facebook and leave a comment.
Giveaway will end June 16th at 11:59pm EST
Winner will be chosen via random org
Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to contact me.
Please leave a valid email address if not accessible through your profile.
Please notify me if you do not receive giveaway item within 30 days. While I am not responsible for any giveaway items provided by the sponsor I will contact the sponsor to see what has happened.
*I received a Exergen Temporal Scanner to review. No other compensation was received for the review. This review is based on my OPINION."